Richard Loudbear has published “Indian Country Politics: Theories of Operation and a Strategy for the Nonviolent Seizure of Political Power” in American Indian Quarterly. This provocative essay explores how the thought of Aldous Huxley and Machiavelli could be used for nonviolent tribal government coups (pun intended?).
- Eleventh Circuit Rules in Favor of Seminole Tribe in Title VII Matter
- Federal Bankruptcy Court Holds Congress Abrogated Tribal Immunity in Bankruptcy Act
- Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria Sues California for Failure to Negotiate in Good Faith Under IGRA
- Nooksack Petition for Review in Sovereign Immunity Appeal
- Federal Court Affirms that Tribal Cops Working under BIA Contract May Be Federal Officers for Certain Purposes