Well, the rule of thumb seems to be that if the petition isn’t granted in the first relisting, then the chances of a grant go way down. Our guess is that a Justice or two is writing a dissent to the denial of certiorari. At this point, that seems like the best conceivable outcome. Of course, Court could be considering a summary reversal, but that’s extremely rare.
- Eleventh Circuit Rules in Favor of Seminole Tribe in Title VII Matter
- Federal Bankruptcy Court Holds Congress Abrogated Tribal Immunity in Bankruptcy Act
- Nooksack Petition for Review in Sovereign Immunity Appeal
- Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria Sues California for Failure to Negotiate in Good Faith Under IGRA
- Federal Court Affirms that Tribal Cops Working under BIA Contract May Be Federal Officers for Certain Purposes