Well, the rule of thumb seems to be that if the petition isn’t granted in the first relisting, then the chances of a grant go way down. Our guess is that a Justice or two is writing a dissent to the denial of certiorari. At this point, that seems like the best conceivable outcome. Of course, Court could be considering a summary reversal, but that’s extremely rare.
- Part 1: Update on Tribal Membership/Disenrollment Issues at Grand Ronde -- Complaint Filed
- "An Essay on the Federal Origins of Disenrollment"
- Order Approving Oneida/NYS Settlement Agreement and Dismissing Interventions -- UPDATED
- UCLA GNG Breakout Panel -- Tribal constitutional revitalization
- Sixth Circuit Denies Sault Tribe Motion to Reconsider Stay