Well, the rule of thumb seems to be that if the petition isn’t granted in the first relisting, then the chances of a grant go way down. Our guess is that a Justice or two is writing a dissent to the denial of certiorari. At this point, that seems like the best conceivable outcome. Of course, Court could be considering a summary reversal, but that’s extremely rare.
- NPR Story on Indian Child Welfare Human Rights Crisis in South Dakota
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Materials in Competing State/Tribal Court Actions in North Dakota Oil Transport Contract Controversies
- Seventh Circuit Rules against Western Sky in Jackson v. Payday Financial LLC -- A Warning to Indian Country
- Federal Court Rules Against King Mountain Tobacco in Dispute with Washington State