As part of a promise I gave to the members of the National American Indian Court Judges Association today (via videotape), I offer (with apologies to Walter Echo-Hawk) ten of the most important tribal court decisions of the last 20 years (in no particular order).
- Please Read Justice Sotomayor's Dissent in Schuette v. BAMN
- More Payday Lending Litigation
- Alaska Supreme Court considers whether Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl applies to State-initiated child protection proceedings
- Sixth Circuit Affirms D.V. Convictions of Saginaw Chippewa Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Amicus Brief Filed in United States v. Zepeda