As part of a promise I gave to the members of the National American Indian Court Judges Association today (via videotape), I offer (with apologies to Walter Echo-Hawk) ten of the most important tribal court decisions of the last 20 years (in no particular order).
- Federal Court Dismisses & Remands Silvia Burley/California Miwok Challenge to Foreclosure of Tribal Building
- Navajo Boy Sent Home for Having Long Hair on First Day of School
- Michigan Indian Legal Services Fall-Winter 2014 Newsletter
- Split Ninth Circuit Panel Affirms Dismissal of Challenge to Repatriation of “La Jolla Skeletons” to Kumeyaay Cultural Repatriation Committee
- Heather Kendall-Miller & Lloyd Miller: GOP candidate a threat to Native rights