As part of a promise I gave to the members of the National American Indian Court Judges Association today (via videotape), I offer (with apologies to Walter Echo-Hawk) ten of the most important tribal court decisions of the last 20 years (in no particular order).
- NPR Story on Indian Child Welfare Human Rights Crisis in South Dakota
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Materials in Competing State/Tribal Court Actions in North Dakota Oil Transport Contract Controversies
- Seventh Circuit Rules against Western Sky in Jackson v. Payday Financial LLC -- A Warning to Indian Country
- Federal Court Rules Against King Mountain Tobacco in Dispute with Washington State