Some good news in this legislative session–the Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act just passed in the House and, having already passed in the Senate, is heading to the Governor’s office for him to sign. Bill status and versions are available here.
- DOJ Tribal Criminal Defense Resource Guide
- Turtle Talk Poll -- Top 10 Indian Law Cases for 2013
- Ninth Circuit Briefs in Evans v. Shoshone-Bannock Land Use Commission
- Ninth Circuit Holds Shoshone-Bannock Land Use Office/Court Has No Jurisdiction over Nonmember on Nonmember Lands
- Federal Court Issues Opinion on Scope of White Earth Tribal Police Authority as Federal Officers under FTCA