Some good news in this legislative session–the Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act just passed in the House and, having already passed in the Senate, is heading to the Governor’s office for him to sign. Bill status and versions are available here.
- Alaska SCT Briefs in State Appeal of Tribal Court Child Support Enforcement Authority
- Federal Court Holds Little River Band Cannot Prosecute Tribal Member Crimes on Tribe-Owned Fee Land Outside of Indian Country
- Alaska Court Reaffirms Tribe's Inherent Jurisdiction Over Child Support Orders
- Advanced Topics: Tribal Economic Development Spring 2014
- Update in South Dakota ICWA Class Action -- Is Judge Davis Concealing Evidence?