Some good news in this legislative session–the Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act just passed in the House and, having already passed in the Senate, is heading to the Governor’s office for him to sign. Bill status and versions are available here.
- Job Posting - Associate Solicitor for Indian Affairs at the Department of the Interior
- Opening Ninth Circuit Brief in Yakama/King Mountain Tax Dispute with US
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- US Prevails in Tax Dispute with King Mountain Tobacco Co. (Yakama)
- Briefs in Mackinac Tribe v. Jewell (Complaint for Federal Recognition)