Some good news in this legislative session–the Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act just passed in the House and, having already passed in the Senate, is heading to the Governor’s office for him to sign. Bill status and versions are available here.
- NYTs Article on German Museums and American Indian Scalps
- Ninth Circuit Rules in Favor of Lummi Tribe in Treaty Fishing Dispute
- ICWA Placement Preference Decision Out of California Involving Choctaw Tribe
- California COA Affirms Tribal Immunity from Casino Employees' Suit
- Fifth Circuit Holds Eagle Act Regulations May Violate RFRA