Some good news in this legislative session–the Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act just passed in the House and, having already passed in the Senate, is heading to the Governor’s office for him to sign. Bill status and versions are available here.
- NPR Story on Indian Child Welfare Human Rights Crisis in South Dakota
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Amici Supporting Big Lagoon Rancheria's En Banc Petition
- Split Ninth Circuit Panel Reverses Big Lagoon Rancheria v. California
- Ninth Circuit Affirms Fed. Court Jurisdiction over ANCSA Claims