And here is some of the information on which the story is based — it’s a portion of the interrogation video, now a court document, of four Native children in South Dakota who were accusing their nonNative foster parents of sexual and physical abuse. The portion of the video chosen did not include the children in order to protect their privacy; the agents are off-camera, discussing their interrogation strategy, and don’t realize they’re being picked up on the mic.
- NYTs Article on German Museums and American Indian Scalps
- California COA Affirms Tribal Immunity from Casino Employees' Suit
- NYTs Web Documentary: ‘Who Speaks Wukchumni?’
- R.J. Reynolds Sues US Dept. of Ag. over Tribal Tobacco Retailers
- Judge Martinez Grants Makah Motion for Summary Judgment in U&A Dispute with Quinault and Quileute