This opinion piece by Peter Worthington disfavorably compares Chief Spence’s strike with IRA hunger strikes, concluding that Chief Spence’s strike is not genuine like the IRA strikes. It’s disheartening to see that these types of attitudes persist and are still given prominent airing. One has to wonder at the implication that white complaints about colonization are more valid than Native complaints. Is that because it’s somehow considered valid by mainstream standards to colonize Natives, while it’s anomalous to colonize whites?
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Opening Ninth Circuit Brief in Yakama/King Mountain Tax Dispute with US
- Witness List and Written Testimony in July 23 SCIA Hearing on Indian Gaming
- Blast from the Past: 2009 MSU ILPC Report on the History of Michigan Tribal-State Relations
- Michigan Tribal Judges Invited to MDTC "Meet the Judges" Event (Oct. 2, 2014)