This opinion piece by Peter Worthington disfavorably compares Chief Spence’s strike with IRA hunger strikes, concluding that Chief Spence’s strike is not genuine like the IRA strikes. It’s disheartening to see that these types of attitudes persist and are still given prominent airing. One has to wonder at the implication that white complaints about colonization are more valid than Native complaints. Is that because it’s somehow considered valid by mainstream standards to colonize Natives, while it’s anomalous to colonize whites?
- Part 1: Update on Tribal Membership/Disenrollment Issues at Grand Ronde -- Complaint Filed
- Law Students from Michigan on Alternative Spring Break at Navajo Nation
- "An Essay on the Federal Origins of Disenrollment"
- Order Approving Oneida/NYS Settlement Agreement and Dismissing Interventions -- UPDATED
- LA Times Article on Yurok Tribal Court Judge Abinanti