This opinion piece by Peter Worthington disfavorably compares Chief Spence’s strike with IRA hunger strikes, concluding that Chief Spence’s strike is not genuine like the IRA strikes. It’s disheartening to see that these types of attitudes persist and are still given prominent airing. One has to wonder at the implication that white complaints about colonization are more valid than Native complaints. Is that because it’s somehow considered valid by mainstream standards to colonize Natives, while it’s anomalous to colonize whites?
- First Native Judge Appointed to Riverside County Superior Court
- Ninth Circuit Briefs in Evans v. Shoshone-Bannock Land Use Commission
- Fletcher Commentary on the Michigan v. Bay Mills Argument
- WKAR: Survivors of Indian Boarding Schools Tell Their Stories
- Turtle Talk Poll -- Top 10 Indian Law Cases for 2013