This opinion piece by Peter Worthington disfavorably compares Chief Spence’s strike with IRA hunger strikes, concluding that Chief Spence’s strike is not genuine like the IRA strikes. It’s disheartening to see that these types of attitudes persist and are still given prominent airing. One has to wonder at the implication that white complaints about colonization are more valid than Native complaints. Is that because it’s somehow considered valid by mainstream standards to colonize Natives, while it’s anomalous to colonize whites?
- Univ. of Montana Law Dean Posting
- Interesting Tenth Circuit Appeal on Confessions at Kewa Pueblo
- Tribal Court Denies Injunction in Nooksack Disenrollee Challenge
- Eighth Circuit Rejects Sandy Lake Chippewa Secretarial Election Appeal -- UPDATED with briefs
- Seattle U. Law School/Bristol Bay Native Assn. Fellowship Posting