This opinion piece by Peter Worthington disfavorably compares Chief Spence’s strike with IRA hunger strikes, concluding that Chief Spence’s strike is not genuine like the IRA strikes. It’s disheartening to see that these types of attitudes persist and are still given prominent airing. One has to wonder at the implication that white complaints about colonization are more valid than Native complaints. Is that because it’s somehow considered valid by mainstream standards to colonize Natives, while it’s anomalous to colonize whites?
- Pascua Yaqui Tribe set to prosecute first non-Indian under VAWA
- Ten Important Tribal Court Opinions (for NAICJA)
- How "Yooper" made it into Merriam Webster
- Response Brief in Lomeli v. Kelly
- Section 1983 Suit against City of Logan, OH Survives Motion to Dismiss -- Alleged Racial Harassment by City Office of Native-Owned Business