Okay, so this story has a legal angle but not an Indian law angle (that I know of), but I couldn’t resist posting it anyway. As I found out from reading the Merriam Webster blog (here), the word “Yooper” was added to the dictionary after a lengthy campaign by a prosecuting attorney in Delta County, Michigan. Personally, I have yet to make it to the U.P., but it’s on my list.
- News profile of History of VAWA and Alaska Natives
- Sault Tribe Renews Motion to Dismiss Michigan's Lansing Casino Suit in Federal District Court
- Federal Court Grants Motion to Seal Evidence re: Judge Davis in Oglala ICWA Class Action
- Proposed Part 83 Changes to Federal Acknowledgment Process
- Nebraska Legal Aid Job Posting