Okay, so this story has a legal angle but not an Indian law angle (that I know of), but I couldn’t resist posting it anyway. As I found out from reading the Merriam Webster blog (here), the word “Yooper” was added to the dictionary after a lengthy campaign by a prosecuting attorney in Delta County, Michigan. Personally, I have yet to make it to the U.P., but it’s on my list.
- Univ. of Washington 27th Annual Indian Law Symposium -- Sept. 11-12, 2014
- August 2014 Tribal Court Training Conference -- August 13-15, 2014
- Federal Court Dismisses Navajo Colorado River Water Rights Claims
- Omaha Tribe Chief Judge Posting
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Suit against Repo Company Working for Tribal Payday Lender Dismissed in Federal Court