Okay, so this story has a legal angle but not an Indian law angle (that I know of), but I couldn’t resist posting it anyway. As I found out from reading the Merriam Webster blog (here), the word “Yooper” was added to the dictionary after a lengthy campaign by a prosecuting attorney in Delta County, Michigan. Personally, I have yet to make it to the U.P., but it’s on my list.
- State Judges Respond to Oglala Sioux Tribe Motions for Summary Judgment
- Alaska SCT Applies Adoptive Couple to Affirm Non-Native Adoption
- Seattle Law: "The Future of Trust Administration"
- Treaty Symposium at National Museum of American Indian This Thursday
- Two Motions for Partial Summary Judgment in Oglala Sioux Tribe v. Van Hunnik