Okay, so this story has a legal angle but not an Indian law angle (that I know of), but I couldn’t resist posting it anyway. As I found out from reading the Merriam Webster blog (here), the word “Yooper” was added to the dictionary after a lengthy campaign by a prosecuting attorney in Delta County, Michigan. Personally, I have yet to make it to the U.P., but it’s on my list.
- NPR Story on Indian Child Welfare Human Rights Crisis in South Dakota
- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Materials in Competing State/Tribal Court Actions in North Dakota Oil Transport Contract Controversies
- Seventh Circuit Rules against Western Sky in Jackson v. Payday Financial LLC -- A Warning to Indian Country
- Federal Court Rules Against King Mountain Tobacco in Dispute with Washington State