- Law Students from Michigan on Alternative Spring Break at Navajo Nation
- Part 1: Update on Tribal Membership/Disenrollment Issues at Grand Ronde -- Complaint Filed
- Peacemaking Event at Chickasaw -- April 23-24, 2014
- Bill to Clear Treaty Fishing Convictions Heads to Gov. Inslee
- LA Times Article on Yurok Tribal Court Judge Abinanti
Tag Archives: Dolan v. United States
Here is the opinion, issued today (5-4). The petitioner is a member of the Mescalero Apache Tribe. Prior postings with briefs here.
Here. The briefs are here.
Here are the briefs from the ABA website: Merit briefs Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Brief for Respondent United States Reply Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Amicus briefs Brief for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in … Continue reading →
Petitioner’s Brief in Dolan v. U.S. — Criminal Case Involving Mescalero Apache Indian in Supreme Court
From the ABA Supreme Court merits briefs website: Merit briefs Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Amicus briefs Brief for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in Support of Petitioner
From Indianz: The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a restitution case involving a member of Mescalero Apache Nation of New Mexico. Brian Russell Dolan pleaded guilty to a violent attack on the reservation. He was sentenced to prison time and … Continue reading →