- In Memory of Tillie Black Bear
- Alaska SCT Rules that State Courts Must Give Full Faith and Credit to Tribal Courts in ICWA Cases
- Ann Tweedy on Tribal Laws & Same-Sex Marriage
- Federal Court Grants Motion to Seal Evidence re: Judge Davis in Oglala ICWA Class Action
- Fake Indian Alert: Pembina Nation Little Shell Band of North America v. Wells Fargo
Tag Archives: Dolan v. United States
Here is the opinion, issued today (5-4). The petitioner is a member of the Mescalero Apache Tribe. Prior postings with briefs here.
Here. The briefs are here.
Here are the briefs from the ABA website: Merit briefs Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Brief for Respondent United States Reply Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Amicus briefs Brief for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in … Continue reading →
Petitioner’s Brief in Dolan v. U.S. — Criminal Case Involving Mescalero Apache Indian in Supreme Court
From the ABA Supreme Court merits briefs website: Merit briefs Brief for Petitioner Brian Russell Dolan Amicus briefs Brief for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in Support of Petitioner
From Indianz: The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a restitution case involving a member of Mescalero Apache Nation of New Mexico. Brian Russell Dolan pleaded guilty to a violent attack on the reservation. He was sentenced to prison time and … Continue reading →