- Second Circuit Affirms Cayuga Immunity from Seneca County Tax Foreclosure Relying on Bay Mills Decision
- Opening Ninth Circuit Brief in Yakama/King Mountain Tax Dispute with US
- Witness List and Written Testimony in July 23 SCIA Hearing on Indian Gaming
- US Prevails in Tax Dispute with King Mountain Tobacco Co. (Yakama)
- Blast from the Past: 2009 MSU ILPC Report on the History of Michigan Tribal-State Relations
Tag Archives: Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
Here: nobles cert without appendix Lower court materials here.
Here. In short, it’s pretty good for young children, doesn’t have much impact on older children. We posted on part of this study in 2010.
N.C. Trial Court Concludes First Generation Eastern Band Cherokee Descedent a Non-Indian for Criminal Jurisdiction Purposes
Here is the opinion in State v. Nobles: Nobles Order Final 112613 Briefs are here.
Here is the brief in State v. Kostick (N.C. App.): Kostick Opening Brief UPDATED: State Brief
Materials in North Carolina Capital Murder Case against First Generation Eastern Band Cherokee Descendant — A Reverse Crow Dog Case
Here are the materials in State v. Nobles: Nobles Motion to Dismiss Motion to dismiss (amended) State’s Brief Reply Brief News coverage: Sylva Herald 8-12 Sylva Herald 9-18
Fourth Circuit Affirms Major Crimes Act Murder Conviction Arising on Eastern Band Cherokee Reservation
Here is the opinion in United States v. Lespier.
Here: Response to Petition The petition is here. Lower court materials here. An earlier incarnation of the case, here.
Here is the petition in Carden v. Owle Construction, LLC: Petition for Discretionary Review Lower court materials here. An earlier incarnation of the case, here.
Here are the materials in Lexington Insurance Co. v. Data Aire (W.D. N.C.): Consent Motion to Stay All Proceedings Consent Motion to Stay Attorney Conference DCT Order State Court Complaint
Here is the order: In re Primary Election Briefs: Petition for a Writ of Mandamus Response to Petition for Writ of Mandamus