- Second Edition of Indian Gaming Law and Policy by Rand & Light
- NYTs: "Rarest Native Animals Find Haven on Tribal Lands"
- Materials in Competing State/Tribal Court Actions in North Dakota Oil Transport Contract Controversies
- Seventh Circuit Rules against Western Sky in Jackson v. Payday Financial LLC -- A Warning to Indian Country
- Top 15 or so American Indian Law Articles by SSRN Download from 2014
Tag Archives: tribal court
Here: Mississippi Choctaw Cert Opposition Cert petition here.
Here is the news article, “KBIC moves tribal court.”
Here is the new report, “Judges suspended by Tribal Council following KBIC civil lawsuit hearing.” Note that the tribal judicial code treats the judiciary as a branch of government on par with the legislative and executive branches.
Here are the new materials in Caddo Nation of Oklahoma v. Court of Indian Offenses for the Anadarko Agengy (W.D. Okla.): 18 CIO Motion to Dismiss 21 Edwards Response 22 CIO Reply 24 DCT Order We posted on an earlier … Continue reading →
Here: RFQ Appellate Judges
Here: JUDGE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT APPELLATE JUDGE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT POSITION : Chief Tribal Judge SALARY : Negotiable OPENING DATE : April 21, 2014 CLOSING DATE : May 2, 2014 LOCATION : Omaha Tribal Court Omaha Tribe of Nebraska Macy, NE 68039
Here is “Tribal court hears argument to dismiss reopened disenrollment cases.”
Eighth Circuit Briefs in Smith v. Parker — Formerly a Tribal Court Jurisdiction Matter, Now a Reservation Boundaries Matter
Here: Nebraska Opening Brief Tribe Brief US Brief Reply Brief TK Lower court materials and links to prior iterations of this case here.