Okay, so this story has a legal angle but not an Indian law angle (that I know of), but I couldn’t resist posting it anyway. As I found out from reading the Merriam Webster blog (here), the word “Yooper” was added to the dictionary after a lengthy campaign by a prosecuting attorney in Delta County, Michigan. Personally, I have yet to make it to the U.P., but it’s on my list.
- Response Brief in Lomeli v. Kelly
- IREHR on Bundy Ranch's Longterm Potential Impact on Indian Treaty Rights
- Pascua Yaqui Tribe set to prosecute first non-Indian under VAWA
- Federal Court Dismisses Challenge to 2009 Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Election
- Updated and Complete Summary Judgment Briefs in Cherokee Freedman Case