REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians seeks qualified licensed attorneys for the position of Reserve Appellate Judge in the Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribal Appellate Court.
The Appellate Court meets monthly. Oral argument is held in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
Appeals filed vary from year to year, but typically can be anywhere from 1 – 4 per year.
These positions are paid at the rate of $150 per hour with a maximum billing of $5,000 per year.
Qualifications for Licensed Attorney positions include:
- Must be a member in good standing with a State Bar.
- Preference will be given to those who are members of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians.
To further be considered for these positions, Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Substantial education and experience working with Tribal, State and Federal law
- Extensive knowledge in civil, juvenile, criminal and child welfare proceedings
- Knowledge and understanding of the history and traditions of the Sault Tribe
A letter of interest, resume, and application should be submitted to:
Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribal Court
2175 Shunk Road
P.O. Box 932 or via email to email@example.com
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Attn: Court Administrator
Applications can be picked up at the Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribal Court or found at www.saulttribe.com, in the download section of Tribal Court’s webpage under the Government tab. A copy of Tribal Code is also available to view at www.saulttribe.com.
For more information, please contact the Court Administrator’s office at 906.635.7747, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
he deadline to submit an application is November 30, 2012.