Position: General Counsel, Executive Legal Department
(Full Time – Contractual)
Summary: This position is responsible for providing legal counsel, guidance, and direction to the office of the Ogema and the Executive Branch of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Government.
Employment Qualifications: A qualified candidate offers the following:
- J.D. Degree from an ABA accredited law school; and
- seven (7) years experience with a major law firm or legal department; and
- demonstrative experience of Constitutional Law and Federal Indian Law practices; and
- admittance to practice in Michigan or other state bar (shall obtain Michigan Bar within one year of employment); and
- strong knowledge of litigation, employment and business law.
“Indian Preference applies in accordance with Ordinance #11-600-02”
Pay Level: 8; Contractual; Exempt / Weekly Pay
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and completed application to:
LRBOI HR Department
375 River Street
Manistee, MI 49660
Fax: (231) 398-9101
Conditions of employment with the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Government includes, passing a pre-employment drug test and background investigation. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them without notice.
For the complete job description or further information, please contact the LRBOI HR Department.
Posted – Until Filled