SUBMIT YOUR PAPER
National Native American Law Students Association
The NNALSA Writing Competition aims to recognize excellence in legal research/writing related to Indian law; encourage the development of writing skills among NNALSA members; and enhance substantive knowledge in Federal Indian Law, Tribal Law, and traditional forms of government.
Eligible Topics Include:
- Federal Indian Law and Policy
- Tribal Law and Policy
- International Law and Policy Concerning Indigenous Peoples
- Comparative Law (i.e. Inter-Tribal or Gov.-to-Gov. Studies)
- Other Related Topics
- First Prize: $1,000& Publication in the Columbia Journal of Race and Law, sponsored by Sonosky
- Second Prize: $500, sponsored by Dentons
- Third Prize: $250, sponsored by Akin Gump
Awardees will be recognized at the National NALSA annual meeting (part of the 41st Annual Federal Bar Association Indian Law Conference on April 7–8, 2016).
Submit To: 2016NNALSAWritingCompetition@gmail.com.
- Please remove identifying information such as name and school.
- No need to supply any registration form or identification number.
- All competitors must be current NNALSA members.
- To become a member, visit www.nationalnalsa.org.
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. (EST), Monday, February 8, 2016.