Berkey Williams LLP is an Indian law firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The firm works exclusively for Indian tribes and tribal organizations on matters such as natural and cultural resource protection, land, water, governance development, health care, ICWA, tribal TANF, and employment. The firm has a distinguished record of championing tribal interests to protect and advance the legal, political, cultural, and economic rights of tribes and nations. Additional information about Berkey Williams LLP can be found at http://www.berkeywilliams.com.
The firm seeks an Associate Attorney with two or more years of experience and the following qualifications:
• Relevant experience in the firm’s practice areas;
• Excellent legal writing and research skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of tribal and federal Indian law and of native communities;
• Demonstrated commitment to working for tribes and tribal organizations;
• Willingness and ability to work on Indian Child Welfare matters for the firm’s clients in California, including occasional overnight travel;
• Superior communication skills; and,
• Licensed and in good standing with the California State Bar (or if licensed in another state, with the expectation that the candidate will promptly become admitted in California).
Native lawyers are encouraged to apply. Compensation package includes competitive salary, flexible work options, and excellent benefits. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and concise writing sample (10 or fewer pages) to Gloria Coronado at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.