- Providing the entire range of services and technical assistance to Tribes and Tribal organizations regarding child welfare grant programs that include but are not limited to titles IV-B and IV-E of the Social Security Act and the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act.
- Providing advice and consultation to Tribal staff in the development of Tribal plans based on new legislation or Federal policy assuring that the Tribe understands the intent of the Congress, interprets the directives correctly, and covers all pertinent points in its plan.
- Identifying deficiencies in Tribal program operations using audit, program/financial review, and quality control findings.
- Negotiating with Tribal agency staff for mutually acceptable changes.
- Analyzing Tribal grant award requests and expenditure estimates.