Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP (FPM) is a nationwide law firm dedicated to the representation of American Indian tribes and organizations. We represent tribes and tribal entities in a wide spectrum of services including tribal corporate affairs, business transactions, litigation, gaming, and tribal governmental affairs.
FPM is seeking an associate attorney to join our team in Omaha, NE. Candidates must possess at least two-three years post-J.D. attorney experience. Incisive analytical ability, as well as excellent research, writing, and communication skills are also required. Candidates must work well independently and as a team member in a fast paced environment. A background in tribal and Federal Indian law and experience working in Indian Country is also strongly preferred. Prior judicial clerkship, litigation, or business transactional experience is a plus.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Status as an active member in good standing of the bar in at least one state jurisdiction and willing to obtain licensure in Nebraska within one year of employment
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an attorney or law clerk
- Indian law experience and experience working with tribes/tribal businesses/organizations
- Prefer, federal, state, or tribal litigation related experience
- Legal experience in business transactions, corporate governance, economic development, and taxation
- Experience with taking depositions, drafting and filing motions and briefs in civil proceedings
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing abilities
- Proven communication skills including interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to meet tight and unexpected deadlines
- Must be able to travel minimum of 1 – 2 days each month
Your contributions are rewarded with a “Total Compensation” Package including a competitive salary, bonus potential, and excellent benefits.
Please send your cover letter, with salary requirements, resume, writing sample, and law school transcripts (if graduated from law school less than 4 years ago) to:
Ann Hacker, Director of Human Resources
Position is open until November 20, 2016.