Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP (FPM) is a nationwide law firm dedicated to the representation of American Indian tribes and organizations. We represent tribes and tribal entities in a wide spectrum of services including tribal corporate affairs, business transactions, litigation, gaming, and tribal governmental affairs.
FPM is seeking associate attorneys to join our teams in Omaha and Winnebago, NE. Candidates must possess at least two to three years post-J.D. attorney experience, strong analytical ability, as well as excellent research, writing, and communication skills. Candidates must work well independently and as a team member in a fast paced environment. A background in tribal and/or Federal Indian law and experience working in Indian Country is also strongly preferred. Prior judicial clerkship, litigation, or business transactional experience is a plus.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Status as an active member in good standing of the bar in at least one state jurisdiction and willing to obtain licensure in Nebraska within one year of employment
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an attorney or law clerk
- Indian law experience and/or experience working with tribes
- Prefer, federal, state, or tribal litigation related experience
- Experience with taking depositions, drafting and filing motions and briefs in civil proceedings
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing abilities
- Experience with tribal governance and “in-house” tribal governmental legal affairs preferred
- Proven communication skills including interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to meet tight and unexpected deadlines
- Must be able to travel minimum of 1 – 2 days each month
Additional requirements for the associate attorney position in Winnebago include:
- Legal experience in economic development and taxation
- Tribal corporate law and business transactions experience
Your contributions are rewarded with a “Total Compensation” Package including a competitive salary, bonus potential, and excellent benefits.
Please send your cover letter, with salary requirements and location preference, resume, writing sample, and law school transcripts (if graduated from law school less than 4 years ago) to:
Ann Hacker, Director of Human Resources email@example.com
Position is open until December 4, 2016.