Please consider nominating someone for the Lawrence R. Baca Lifetime Achievement Award for 2017.
Past recipients of the Baca Lifetime Achievement Award include Lawrence Baca, Professor Phil Frickey, John Echohawk, Professor David Getches, Alan Taradash, Professor Carole E. Goldberg, Tom Fredericks, Walter Echo-Hawk, Arlinda Locklear, Charles Wilkinson and Professor Bill Rice.
The Award will be presented at the FBA Indian Law Conference in Scottsdale, AZ in April 2017. The recipient must be present to receive the award.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, February 10, 2017.
Nominations should specifically address how the nominee meets the criteria for the award outlined below.
Qualifications for Lawrence R. Baca Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Nominee must have worked in the field of Indian law for at least twenty years as a practitioner, judge, legislator, leader, scholar or educator;
- Be of good standing and held in high esteem in his or her professional arena;
- And have made significant contributions to the field of Indian law through litigation, development of legislation, scholarship or the development of Indian law students or through tribal leadership.
The nomination submission must include:
- A nominating letter that specifically addresses in narrative form how the nominee meets each of the three Award criteria.
- A current resume or vitae. Reference to a website where the information can be found is not accepted as a substitute for the written narrative or resume.
The nomination submission may also include:
- 1-3 letters of support for the nomination.
- Up to 3 articles about the nominee. Please do not include articles written by the nominee.