From Elie Mystal. An excerpt:
Look at what he’s already done:
- He’s ended consent decrees.
- He’s declared war on cities where brown people live.
- He’s restarted the drug war, even though we now know that it won’t stop drugs but will rip apart poor minority communities and families.
- He’s threatened immigration lawyers.
- He’s ended settlements where defendants pay fines to community and local non-profits.
- He’s disbanded the National Commission on Forensic SCIENCE!
- He’s simply refused to hire any new U.S. Attorneys, after convincing the president to fire them all, hobbling investigations and entire agencies.
Oh, and he’s one of the primary authors of the Muslim ban. I didn’t include that in the list above because the jury is still on whether Sessions successfully pushed through a religious test in the United States of America.